KODIAK CAPITAL - THE RIGHT CHOICE
Kodiak Capital Advisors aggressively seeks opportunities in acquiring well located and stable commercial properties in major markets throughout the Texas and Southwest USA. Our focus is on investment grade single tenant properties that have mid to long term Triple Net (NNN) leases. Particular emphasis is on those acquisitions that can demonstrate the highest cash flow stability with minimum “on site” and expensive property management services. Sourcing and acquiring these types of properties are essential to the DST 1031 Exchange ownership structure where stable and predictable return expectations can be met.
Property & Asset Management
One of Kodiak Capital's basic beliefs is that to give a property the best opportunity to meet its pro-forma objectives, we must keep property management and asset management in-house. These two functions of the investment property continuum are critical to maximizing value and controlling risk. Kodiak Capital's principals invest their own funds in each DST offering it sponsors and has a vested interest in how well the investment property is managed.
THERE ARE SEVERAL SIGNIFICANT AND PRACTICAL REASONS FOR CHOOSING KODIAK CAPITAL:
- Hands on approach to solve problems and maintain superior tenant relations/retention
- Highly experience staff and leadership
- Timely, accurate and detailed Financial Reporting
- Commitment to lowering expenses and improving cash flow
- High level of responsiveness to investors/clients
- Proven track record
- Sophisticated industry leading property and accounting software systems
- Detailed budgeting process
COMPREHENSIVE AND QUALITY SERVICES
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- Day-to-day supervision of property managers
- Maintain compliance with corporate policies and procedures effecting the property as well as all vendors and suppliers that provide property services.
- Budget compliance and explanation of any variances
- Oversight of capital expenditures/programs; inspection of tenant improvement projects
- Tenant meetings to measure the level of satisfaction with their occupancy
- Collecting rent and maintaining low levels of rent receivables
- Timely submittal of vendor invoices and payables
- Recording Base Rental and Reimbursable Income and all property expenses
- Daily property bank account reconciliation of deposits
- Mortgage compliance and timely paying of monthly accounts
- Final review and correct classification of expenses and timely payments to vendors
- Monthly financial reporting with accurate written variances compared to budget plus a current property balance sheet
- Reporting on a "cash" or "accrual" basis
- Customizing reports if required
- Solving property issues with common sense and practical approaches.
- Routine property inspections to identify areas in need of improvement curb appeal, competitiveness with surrounding properties, status of vacancies and review of personnel and property records.
- Select and oversee on sight property managers and leasing specialists
- Manage Tenant communications and retention programs
- Coordinate and initiate tax appeals
- Negotiate and administer leases
- Budget Preparation and forecasts provided by ARGUS and Yardi software programs
- Develop capital improvement programs as necessary